Date: Open March 2021
Type: Part Time or Full Time
Veterans and Retired Law Enforcement Highly Encouraged to Apply
STIRM Group is a group of the most qualified talent in security, training, investigations, and risk mitigation/management for personal, business, and public agency needs. We are a disabled-veteran small business and are looking to add a qualified Director of Training to our team. This position will manage the operations of the STIRM Group Training Consortium division.
The STIRM Group Training Consortium has been created to bring together a group of professionals who have a balanced mix of real-world experience and academic success. Every instructor is a subject matter expert in their chosen field. The SGTC allows participants access to some of the nation’s best talent in their fields without having to bear the cost of travel and lodging. The Consortium allows trainers to represent themselves, their services, and any affiliation they have with an organization. We market each trainer as an expert we sought to teach at our training sessions, bringing in the best outside talent.
Please submit your resume to be considered for this position. In lieu of a cover letter, we request a two-page writing sample. This shall be no more than 500 words, line spacing 1.5, in a Times New Roman font, size 12. The writing assignment requires you to list 10 people, from the past or present, that you would invite to dinner and why. There are no limitations as to who the 10 people can be and they can be from the past or present, alive or deceased. Then tell us why you would invite each of the individuals that you have chosen.
- Create a training schedule with strategic planning to meet long-term goals
- Secure qualified and sought-after trainers that specialize in security, threat assessment, risk mitigation, law enforcement, and similar subjects
- Create and distribute contracts for our trainers
- Identify and secure training venues
- Contract negotiations for training venues
- Work in tandem with the social media team to ensure the website remains up-to-date with information on upcoming trainings that are scheduled.
- Work with our marketing team to create promotional and marketing materials for training sessions to spread via email, print, social media, an our website.
- Project cost per head for each event
- Construct fair pricing for each training
- Recruit trainees
- Unquestioned ethics, judgment, and integrity
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with your staff, senior management, C-suite, Board of Directors, and Police Chief’s.
- Advanced project management skills
- Planning and scheduling
- Instructor experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence and partner with others
- Effective team player
- Relationship builder
- Strategic, business-oriented, and pragmatic
- Strong implementer
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, education
- Advanced Microsoft 365 skills, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Previous experience as an instructor
- Previous experience in event planning and scheduling
- Supervisory experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in communications, business, teaching, or education
- PhD in communications, business, teaching, or education
- 5 years’ experience in training or event planning
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is an office position; be prepared for prolong periods of sitting and working on a computer
- May require light lifting of materials at training events, no more than 20 lbs.
Occasional domestic travel will be required and consists of 10% of the job.
STIRM Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Other Skills and Responsibilities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Upon Receiving a Tentative Offer of Employment:
All offers of employment are conditional until the following items have been completed.
- In-depth background screening
- Credit check
- Drug test